Thursday, September 18, 2008

WAAAAAAGHHHH! Purple casts, and curbs, and broken feet oh my! Let's play 50 Questions, and then I'll ramble on about last class.

1) What if my bones became bonded with Adamantium like Wolverine? ANSWER: Ahem, then I would not have broken my foot after class on Monday, and be writing these questions with a purple cast on my leg/foot :P There I answered it already.
2) What if we drank coffee at night to help fall asleep?
3) What if we had more than two sets of teeth, that is you'd constantly get new teeth growing in if you lost one like a shark?
4) What if people all thought vegetables were "candy", and disliked candy thinking they were like lima beans or something? sorry to anyone who likes lima beans.

5) What if we all drove cars backwards while standing on our heads, using our hands on the pedals?

6) What if laughing meant you were angry and yelling meant you were amused?
7) What if no meant yes and yes meant no!
8) What if 2 + 3 + 40 - 23 / 9 by the power of a billion was worth solving?
9) What if the moon were really made of cheese?

10) What if history never got recorded or documented?
11) What if the internet never came to exist?
12) What if we got rid of money?
13) What if we didn't sleep on beds, or didn't sleep at ALL!?
14) What if wounds never healed?
15) What if we were immortal?
16) What if pain medication was never invented?
17) What if stairs were never invented?
18) What if all things invented never came to fruition?!
19) What if we lived on the stars in the sky and the planets were the stars?
20) What if life really WAS fair?
21) What if our brains just entirely stopped thinking about anything rational?
22) What if rational was irrational, and irrational was the rational?
23) What if we all just said what came to mind without a "filter"?
24) What if we didn't sweat?
25) What if we didn't hold our friends close, and our enemies even closer?
26) What if you could not scratch an itch to make it go away?
27) What if cigarettes never existed?
28) What if you could eat anything you wanted and never gain weight?
29) What if we ran out of water and it never rained?
30) What if hardly trying was putting in effort, and trying really hard was effortless?
31) What if our normal days were a holiday, and holidays were just our normal days?
32) What if every day was Halloween for that matter?
33) What if we never had a calendar to mark the days, and there was no Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or even Sunday?
34) What if cold was hot and burned, or hot was cold and icy? What if you felt both at the same time? What if you never felt hot or cold, or there was no such thing?
35) What if we all reincarnated as a hair brush?
36) What if we all reincarnated as a cat?
37) What if animals could speak our type of English, and we spoke with mews or howls or little sounds instead? What if they could actually understand us?
38) What if we were not considered "the top dogs" aka: head honchos of the nature world, and animals ruled the world with us at the bottom of the chain?
39) What if we had never cut down all those rainforests, or killed so many animals that we even have extinct animals, or what if we never even had to worry about animals going extinct!?
40) What if unicorns, dragons, faeries, and other such "imaginary" creatures did exist or could exist even now?
41) What if pigs really COULD fly?
42) What if birds couldn't fly and slopped around in the mud to keep cool?
43) What if you had the hiccups forever? What if rubbing your earlobes, eating peanut butter, drinking water in little sips, or being scared didn't rid you of them?
44) What if all the questions in the world could simultaneously be answered? What if those answers were 100% truth? What if all the world ran on was those little Magic 8 balls to help predict the future, and we put all the psychics out of business?
45) What if no one remembered you?
46) What if only people remembered the bad, the embarassing, or the goofy things about you?
47) What if you could live as any animal you wanted for one day, and would you do it?
48) What if I had never gotten out of bed on Monday, what if I was going to break something no matter what I did that day?
49) What if I told you I wish we could ask even more questions because now I'm on a roll?
50) What if not one question here that I wrote mattered? What if I leave a random comment on everyone's blogs?
51) What if everyone actually read each others blogs, gave input, feedback, at least constructive criticism (without being either stuck up or picky unless it was constructively! :P)

Okay so.
Here's the part where I say something important about our last class. I am going to maybe practice writing another novel sized blog, since it's apparent no one reads this thing. First, I guess I'm feeling a bit invisible in this class. When I have something to say, someone is already talking or has said it. Or, I'm not even remembered as one of the people who didn't talk and needs to. Currently, all I do is mostly listen in class, which is funny because normally I'm very much talkative otherwise. So that's where my viewpoint is coming from on the projects. As far as the "time" projects go, we all saw time differently. Used it differently to create those projects. Just because people in this class aren't inspired or don't like it doesn't mean it's bad. I'm not sure I'd say anyone wasted their time on their project just because people didn't all speak up at once about it after it being presented. Some of us ironically need time to process it even. Overall, perhaps it's because everyone isn't on the same wavelength.

I have accepted that it's okay if something I created didn't inspire anyone, even if it's been every single project thus far.
I am still figuring out what it IS about this class. Maybe I'm just drawing on my observations, and feeling a bit frustrated. I'm sure I will figure it out better when I'm not dopey on pain pills too. Anyway lesson of the day was: curbs + walking + being tired = bad juju. I can even tweak that into a whole lesson of how time for me worked. I fell so fast I barely had time to process it. It was not the comical slo-mo fall. Waiting at the doctor's office felt like ten million ages...8 weeks using crutches/having cast is going to feel like forever. :( Hard lesson about time I guess. Oh, and there's a first time for everything. /end ramble!
There is no spoon.

2 comments:

spyroterra said...

For the record, you are not invisible in class. I have my eye on you sitting back there and I even hinted that that part of the room is going to come under my scrutiny even more because you guys have really interesting blog entries and projects, but you never share them. Your time is coming, muhahahaha.... And for what it is worth, I really enjoyed your edible clock... Sorry about the foot, though. That sucks.

Zachary Akers said...

I don't know if your question was random, but I've decided to make a point to read everyone's blog and make constructive criticisms when appropriate. So, thank you for the idea and a way to complete the wtf assignment. I wish you good health and a fast recovery.