Sunday, September 14, 2008

There's a time...

(don't mind me, just working out my ideas hehe)
Time:
Trepidacious
Initiative
Multi-tasking
Ends and yet Endless

Time can be past, present, future.

Slow, fast, blurred, forgotten, memorable, fleeting, boring, exciting...

I thought a good deal about quotes involving time. I have no idea why, but I really love to read quotes by people, for example Oscar Wilde. I kept trying really hard to find witty neat quotes, but then one stuck out to me for a quite nerdy but good natured reason: "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - Gandalf from LOTR. There, that sums it up.

I even tried listening to songs that were inspired by the topic of time to help rev my brain for ideas...I ran across one by Paul van Dyk called Time of Our Lives I think? Not my usual style, however I really dig the song because of the meaningful lyrics.

So what am I going to do with the time given to me to do this project about time? haha.

Eating mashed potatoes. Idea enters brain, hey, time is consumable
just like food is. I even made a number 3 a la mashed potato sculpture, then I ate it muwahah.
No matter how good or bad it was, when it's gone, it's gone!
Something that tastes really good, you wish you had more
of. If it's really bad, you can't wait to be done with it or slide it under
the rug or feed it to the dog, and what not. lol. Just like time. Or at least in my scatter-brained head I made the comparison.

Leads me to idea of doing an After Effects animation of clock...I'm actually in a class right now to learn the program better. So in essence, this will make great use of my time no matter what. I'm not afraid to totally bomb this...okay I lied, I am a bit nervous. LOL Anyway, I'm going to use various foods as the #'s, and then animate the hands with music/sound effect of chomping. The clock in itself will be "the beast" per se consuming the time. Nothing really long, will probably be amusing. I'm not an expert on After Effects yet, but I'm going to give it a good try! Be gentle, and wish me luck. :) Will post up later tonight I hope!!

FAVORITE EGG THINGIE:
Well, admittedly I'm a sucker for things that get a laugh out of me. I enjoyed watching the kid-like animation/video story that we saw in class last week. Although I really love stories in general, that one stuck out to me. :)

No comments: