Friday, September 26, 2008

Uggie. Short Update...

I've made it home, free from the icky big bad hospital!!!! wow. what a horrible week.

I'm on even stronger pain pills, so thank goodness for spell check - I just wanted to write a small blog to say I'm alive. The big fall that broke my foot also turned itself into blood clots that traveled into my lungs, who quite plainly, did not want them taking residence there. My left lung began hurting really badly, and of course after having a collapsed lung a few years ago (totally spontaneous btw, so they've no idea why it ever happened anyway), I freaked out thinking surely it happened again due to the fall. After x-rays and Cat-scans and blood tests galore, it proved that both lungs had blood clots in them. So yeah, heh I really did myself in. So now I'm on a bunch of blood thinners, quite a new experience for me. I'm becoming forcibly friends with needles, as I have a shot due in my tummy once a day, and tons of blood tests that will continue on in the future, taking these meds up to a year from now :(

I finally just got in a real "shower" if you can call it that, and tomorrow I go in for blood tests. I hope I can return to school this week, but honestly and unfortunately it's up to the doctor I see on Monday who will decide my fate for the next bit of time. I hope I can get back in the swing of things soon, because I'm feeling very anxious and really really sorry I ever fell considering the circumstances that have occurred. Anyway need to go lay back down. Curse you blood clots!!

ps: thank you all who helped in making or signed the box card, it was awesome and did in fact cheer me up, quite a lil piece of art in itself :D

Oh, and for anyone who would like to see the purple cast o glory, here it is.

No comments: