Sunday, October 19, 2008

What the Bleep indeed...

Here's my thoughts on this movie. I think the beginning started off good, asked some interesting questions such as do we really see with our eyes or our brains? And with that in mind, what is reality considered? They use an example of stubbing your toe to explain this, saying that if you stub your toe, your toe hurts, but really what hurts is your perception in your brain of ow, my toe hurts now or something like that...So it appears it's about perception and quantum physics start to come into question next.

The comic book guy bit was actually pretty interesting. The whole idea of the interference patterns happening on the two slits with the waves and the pieces of matter...Also, what was really freaky is when he talks about how the matter knew or maybe was aware it was being watched, and behaved differently when they tried to measure/observe which slit it went through! Whoahhhh dude, that was something I never thought about, and more so had never heard of this before.

The film goes on to discuss how we bring our actual experiences into manifestation by our consciousness, and all the possibilities involved. That atoms are tendencies and not things...it definitely makes you think really hard. I think that the film at this point, the storyline of it, is kind of getting a little spooky or too out there - and maybe it's just the subject itself, or the way they chose to edit it with the story lines...

The next part was also interesting...the message in the water bit showing how two same pictures of water were taken, but one of them was blessed, thereby changing how it appeared. The thought or intent was the driving force by how the water changed it's appearance. But that lends to wondering, how on earth does water know what he taped to those bottles? A guy there comments, "If our thoughts can do that to water, imagine what it can do to us" Verrrry provoking thought. I don't know what I think about it, usually the first reaction is to deny it, and think there's gotta be something hidden about this, but maybe -because- there is an unexplainable reason for why the water did this is the very reason I'm even questioning it. They mention our bodies are made up of 90% water...is that such a big stretch to believe this was really possible even without an explanation! (because let's face it all sorts of things happen for no reason we can explain...) Hmmmm.

You know what this is all reminding me of? There's this movie called "The Secret" which explores the idea that what happens to us is based on our attitude or thoughts...the very act of being negative will surround yourself with negative things happening. It could start off with being late to work, which then you spill your coffee all over the desk, maybe do really bad on a presentation, then missing the bus home or something...It was to sum up, explaining that you can control what happens to you or what you can do based on your thinking, just as if you are positive, it will reinforce positive things happening or vice versa. Basically, everyone IS The One (Keanu Reeves). hehe. This is just as hard to wrap your head around because a lot of us, myself included, have a hard time thinking rainbows and sunshine when really bad things are happening. It's hard to even believe that we are in control of each thing happening, because it's much easier to surmise okay, this happened but I couldn't control it. It begs to wonder, what was I thinking before I broke my foot? And I mean, didn't my foot hurt? Was it really my brain hurting by thinking OW that hurt, this is where things get a little sketchy. I'm pretty sure my foot itself hurt regardless...though...maybe it wasn't. ARGH. And then along the lines of these films you'd have to think...was I being negative, did I attract something negative to happen thereby attracting a bad circumstance like breaking my foot? LOL I know, it's such a long stretch to swallow, and I'd like to think this is not the case ALL the time because I'd like to meet the person who can always be positive 100% of the time, but the film is begging the question....

So before I write a novel on this movie, I'll end by saying this:
Quick summary: Very matrix-like thinking involved, far as you can only stop yourself from the impossible. If you wanna jump from one building to the next, but your fears or capacity don't believe you can do it, or your awareness cannot comprehend....well. That's up for debate but you get my drift I'm sure. It's basically I think explaining that the very act of living and observing in this universe is what changes and molds the universe you "see." That there are endless possibilities that only come to fruition when they bump together...or when you focus on something essentially. That your consciousness is way more in control of what happens, what you see than you may think or have the capacity to understand. That our brains process way more than we actually are aware of, but why? That there's 1 universe but many simulated versions that we "see" because it's only what ours fears and perceptions stop us from "seeing"...oh wow my brain hurts now. Beam me up, Scotty. THERE IS NO SPOON!!!!!! HAHA!

No comments: