Sunday, October 5, 2008

WTF assignment -What if comes to life!

What if people's eye color meant that those colors stood out more to them when looking at objects?
(Lauren Ewing's post) Question #25.
I wasn't thinking about your typical eye colors per se when I read this question. Sure I thought maybe go with my eye color, but it changes a bit depending on what I wear from green to blue to a blue-green. Then, I immediately thought how cool would it be to see things in a different color...let's see like those cool contact lenses you can get for Halloween, only what if it DID really affect how you saw things. I began thinking of how it might be to see things in orange and black. What about everyday things you'd see, such as a tree w/berries, only it's in those colors instead. I think it adds a completely different mood to it, maybe a whimsy even. Now if I saw -everything- that way, hmmmm....that's what I tried to convey in these pictures below. :) I guess at first I really ran with the idea of this question, going even further by seeing everything in those colors. This made me decide I will also post two pics, a before/after, of the original what if I just saw orange and black enhanced, too. Then you have two different versions and answers to this question :D Wheeee this was fun.

BEFORE - Serene Spring Tree

AFTER - Haunted Whimsical Tree


BEFORE - Kitty + Pumpkin


AFTER - Pumpkin + Kitty Enhanced


In these two pictures, it may seem a tad more subtle at first, but I tinkered with hue, saturation, levels and other things to make the pumpkin and black cat appear very rich in color (ty magic wand!!! haha) and imagined well, if these two colors stood out, the others would fade away in the background a bit. And there you have it. :)

No comments: